Kevin Race is a founding partner of Insley & Race. He primarily represents hospitals and specializes in the defense of serious and catastrophic medical malpractice and general liability claims. In addition to handling high-exposure litigation, Kevin provides day-to-day counseling to his hospital clients to reduce risk and navigate the most difficult litigation and ethical issues that arise. His efficient and practical approach to litigation management has enabled him to represent national hospital corporations. Kevin speaks regularly on emerging issues in medical malpractice and healthcare law.
Kevin is a member of a number of professional organizations such as the Defense Research Institute (DRI), The American Society of Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), and the Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Management (GSHRM). He is also involved in the community as an Honorary Board Member of the Special Olympics of Georgia.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia - J.D.
- University of Georgia - A.B.J.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Management, Member
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Special Olympics of Georgia, Honorary Board Member
- Harris v. Tenet (2013)
- Webb v. Doctors Hospital Surgery Center (2010)
- Hart v. Redmond Regional Medical Center (2009)
- Sawyer v. DeKalb Medical Center (1998)