Kevin Spainhour is a Partner at Insley & Race, LLC. Kevin has twenty years of health care experience, which forms the groundwork for his advice to his health care clients. Kevin primarily represents hospitals, out-patient surgery centers, and physicians. He specializes in the defense of serious and catastrophic medical malpractice and general liability claims. Kevin counsels his clients on ways to reduce risk, develop and revise policies, and manage their daily operations.
Kevin regularly provides client education focused on current trends in health care and previously-identified areas of concern. These programs are individually tailored to each client’s needs. Prior to law school, Kevin worked as a cardiac intensive care nurse and Extracorporeal Life Support Specialist at one of the nation’s top-ranked pediatric hospitals. Kevin also worked as a firefighter and paramedic with one of the State’s busiest fire services. Kevin’s experience gives his clients a unique insight into the problems faced by today’s health care providers.
Bar Admissions:Georgia, 2008
- "Statutory Quixotics: Tilting Against the Health Care Business Amendments to the Bankruptcy Code", Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Volume 24, Issue 1 - 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), Member
- Mandato & Associates, Inc. v. Sepulveda Masonry (2010).
Past Employment Positions:
- Goodman, McGufey, Lindsey & Johnson, Associate, 2008 - 2010