David Johnson, a Partner at Insley & Race, has 25 years of experience defending hospitals, medical providers and mental health professionals in catastrophic medical malpractice cases, §1983 litigation and matters before Georgia Professional boards. He has successfully defended clients in state and federal court in high exposure cases involving serious injury, wrongful death, addiction, suicide, assault, sexual assault and Constitutional claims for surgeons, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, psychiatrist and allied mental health and correctional healthcare providers. David also provides counseling on risk management and compliance issues that impact the operation and management of hospitals and physician practices.
David is a member of local and national professional organizations including the Defense Research Institute, Georgia Defense Lawyer Association and the Georgia Graduate Health Law Network. He is also active in his support of the Center for Health, Law and Society at Georgia State University.
Areas of Practice:
Federal and State Trial and Appellate Practice, Health Care Law, Hospital Law, Insurance Defense, Medical Malpractice Defense, Products Liability Defense, Premises Liability, General Liability, Government Liability and Commercial Litigation.
- Gilhuly v. Dockery 273 Ga. App. 418 (2005)
- Citron v. Ghafarri, 246 Ga. App. 826 (2000)
- Baxter v. Cohen, 267 Ga. 422, (1997)
- Thompson v. Long, 225 Ga. App., (1997)
- Butler v. Lanier Park Hospital, 220 Ga. App. 386(1996)
- Mathews v. Dekalb County hospital Authority, 211 ga. App. 858 (1994)
- Morris V. Ryan's Family Steakhouse 206 Ga. App. 369 (1992)
- Federated Department Stores v. Clum 205 Ga. App. 798 (1992)
- Cechman v. Travis 202 ga. App. 255(1991)
- Perryman v. Dekalb County Hospital Authority, 197 Ga. App. 505 (1990)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Health Law Network
- Georgia State University School of Law center for Law, Health and Society
- GSU Graduate Health Law Network - Co-Chair 2008 Campaign
- Wellstar Foundation - Corporate and Business Relations Committee 2005 - Present
Men In Philanthropy after Corporate and Business Relations Committee